First and foremost, we are a community group. We partner with residents, local businesses and visitors to the island to raise awareness of marine conservation for the benefit of all who use and rely on the Clyde. We work with many local and Scottish partners, complementing each others work.
For example we have collaborated with:
* Galloway Foods to deliver a workshop on seaweed and coastal plants foraging
* Arran NTS Ranger Service to deliver our joint programme of outdoor learning events
* Invisible Dust to deliver film-making – “Something of the Sea” – workshops
* Arran Theatre and Arts Trust, tying in music to environmental learning
* Arran TAP for beach cleans and we sit on their Steering Group
We deliver talks and run indoor and outdoor events at the Octopus Centre, around Arran and occasionally in the North Ayrshire and Glasgow areas.
We also provide a meeting space for local groups on Arran, where they can come and enjoy the space and learning about marine conservation. Groups include:
* Arran Art and Mind, who enjoy sketching the tank and learning about the creatures
* Stroll with it – Arran, who meet and chat at the centre
* Arran Outdoor Education Centre, who bring visiting groups from the region in for eudcational sessions.
* The Umbrella Group, who come to have a cuppa and chat whilst enjoying the centre and talking to our volunteers.
Have a look at all our activities and hires to explore Arran’s sea life (including beach scrambles, marine workshops, beach cleans, film evenings, guest speakers and marine themed craft workshops). We can also point you to other coastal and marine related activities at our Marine Info Point.
Are you on Arran or planning a visit? Check out What’s On.
Last Updated on