During the covid-19 pandemic lockdown, members of the local community realised that many individuals would be missing out with libraries being closed and inaccessible. These locals decided to set up a community book share and asked COAST if we would be willing to host “The Book Box” in the grounds of our Marine Visitor Centre. Of course the answer was yes and The Book Box is now up and running.
Allowing the community to freely access books during this time is vital, particularly for those who are more isolated – perhaps those living alone unable to socialise with others. It is also providing a platform for families to have access to books to help with home-schooling their children. People can take books and leave a donation if they wish, or they can book swap, leaving books in return once done with them at home
Access to the book share is through the main gate by the COAST postbox, at the road-side entrance by the coastguard.
* Feel free to keep any of the books
* Books must be inside the freezer or the plastic box
* Do NOT leave anything in plastic bags or other containers
* Please close the door/lid when you are finished
* Please leave the books in a tidy order
* Do not remover the hand sanitiser gel
* Please wipe down book covers before and after use and adhere to social distancing guidelines
* You are using this facility at your own risk
* COAST will not be liable for any damage or injury